- This is obviously a purely financial move from the Nuggets who once again looked good during the regular season, yet were bundled out of the playoffs without even so much as a whimper.
- In Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson, Denver has two (starting) All-Stars but they can't seem to work together well enough to take the team to the next level.
- You figure that either 'Melo or Nuggets coach, George Karl won't be with the team for too long into the 2008-09 season.
- The move is also surprising as Camby is one of the league's best shot-blockers and rebounders. He doesn't score a lot, but he didn't need to playing for the Nuggets. The biggest problem Denver has had in recent seasons is at the defensive end.
- F James Posey hasn't yet signed a new deal with one of his many suitors. After winning his second championship with the Boston Celtics this season, the word is that Posey is seeking a long-term(4 years) but the teams he has spoken to feel that that is a year or two too many. Posey played his role at Boston very well this season, but he's never going to be a go-to guy.
- Former Raptors and Pistons G/F Carlos Delfino is apparently on his way to play in Russia after agreeing a $5m a season deal. Delfino said that he wanted to stay in the NBA but he wouldn't get that sort of money from any team here. Delfino is one of the most frustrating players in the league. He can be devastating when he's "on", but the flip side is like the guy's never played a competitive game in his life. He's the ultimate feast or famine guy.
- ESPN loudmouth Steven A Smith apparently had a phone conversation with Houston Rockets F Tracy McGrady and in it, T-Mac said that while he's happy to stay with the Rockets, he just wants to win and if that meant moving to a new team in order to do that, then he'd be open to the idea.
Knicks Morning News (2017.04.23)
3 hours ago